14 January 2010

Maryland, still

This is me, testing out the email-to-blog feature on blogger, as I am
currently in my room, saying so long to Facebook, and sitting amidst my
mostly packed bags and all of the stuff I've decided not to take. As of
now, I feel like the master packer! Four months worth of clothes,
toiletries, and knick-knacks, all packed into 2 modestly sized rolling
duffel bags? And you thought it couldn't be done. Yes, you.

So, in just 12 hours I will be sitting [comfortably?] in a cozy middle
seat of my Southwest Airlines flight en route to San Diego. Who knew you
were supposed to check in 24 hours before the flight to avoid Group C
boarding? The flight attendants better be hilarious because there is no
movie nor is there lunch on my 6 hour cross-country flight. Or maybe I'll
just finish and reread Everything Is Illuminated (which is, indeed,
phenomenal-- thank you Danielle!)

Either way, tomorrow begins my First of many Firsts. Step 1) Find
California. I hear it's West? I've never been West of Texas!

3 comments:

  1. You are a master packer! I don't know that I could do that!

    And hahaha, if I had known I would've told you about the checking in 24 hours before thing. I take Southwest all the time.

    Also, I hope you like San Diego while you're there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, me. I'll miss you, my love! A note and something else that you should be expecting will be waiting for you in Japan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :D I'm so happy you liked it.

    Also, I'm glad you're a funny writer because it makes this fun to read. :P Can't wait to hear from you on the ship! Hope you're having a great time already!

    -"D"

    ReplyDelete